Some folks want to give back to their community. Many more just love the library and want to be part of the work that we do. Still others have rare skills that contribute in unique and special ways. Whatever their reasons, last year over 400 generous people donated nearly 35,000 hours of their time and talents to Jefferson County Public Library.
The work that volunteers do is critical to the overall mission of JCPL and is profoundly impactful to both our community and organization. They ask so very little, but give so very much.
You, too, can make a difference. If you:
- Are at least 14 years of age; and
- Love the books and movies and people and programs in the library; or
- Have time on your hands that you’d like to put to good use; or
- Have special talents that might be useful to the library; or
- Seek opportunities to learn new skills and meet new people…
…consider volunteering with the library!
For further information about volunteering at the library, please see our Volunteer Information Packet.
Current Volunteer Opportunities
Library2You - Home Service Delivery Help Needed, Wheat Ridge/Lakewood and Belmar areas
Deliver the Library to those who can no longer visit on their own. Commitment is once a month for 2 hours – you’ll deliver to the same 3-6 patrons each time and you’ll understand the good that you’re doing by their happy faces when you arrive at their door steps! You will be their lifeline to the library! We’re looking for volunteers who are dependable, patient, compassionate and friendly.
Standley Lake and Golden Library – Program Assistants for Library For All
Library For All is an interactive program for Adults with Disabilities. Help is needed for set-up, clean-up and assisting participants with their projects. We’re looking for folks who enjoy hands-on projects and making a difference in the lives of folks with special needs.
- Golden Library – Last Thursday of the Month, 11:30 a.m.
- Standley Lake Library – 2nd Tuesday of the Month, 12:00 p.m.
- Columbine Library – beginning in January 2018
Standley Lake Library – Operations Assistants Needed
Assist with shelving, searching for materials, and generally keeping the library organized.
- Fridays – 1:00-5:00
- Saturdays – 12:00-5:00
Evergreen Library – Program Assistants Needed
Assist with or facilitate library programs for kids, teens and adults. Help needed for a variety of programs, days and times:
- Great Decisions Facilitator – 1st and 3rd Wednesdays beginning in February 2018 for 9 weeks.
- Create Space Prep Help and Facilitators – One Sunday afternoon per month. If you have special skills in arts and crafts, we’d love to have you lead some sessions!
- Early Literacy Program Help – Assist with Discovery Play programs on Wednesday mornings and/or prepare Storytime crafts any day of the week.
- LEGO™ Time Facilitator – Second Monday of the month 4:00-5:00. Help with setting up and cleaning up, as well as talking to kids about their creations.
- PAWS for Reading Facilitator – 1st Monday and 3rd Thursday of the month 4:00-5:30. If you like kids and dogs, this job is for you. Set up and monitor program, and manage the reading to the dog timeslots.
- Fall Program Help – Assist with various kids and teen programs during the Fall months:
- Friday the 13th Fun – October 13, 5:30-7:30. Party for teens – help needed for set up and materials prep.
- Halloween Family Fun Night – October 26, 6:30-7:30. Help with setting up and running the program.
- Fall Break Fun – November 20, 1:30 – Create with Cubelets. Set up and run the program.
- Fall Break Fun – November 21, 1:30 – LibLab States of Matter and Slime. Set up and run the program.