Jefferson County Public Library responds to the needs of our users. If you have questions or suggestions please contact the Manager of Diversity and Inclusion at 303-403-5360 or email@example.com
Deaf and Hard of Hearing accessibility
- An ASL interpreter is available for any library program, including story times. Please request interpreter services at least two weeks in advance by calling 303-235-5275 or emailing Marcy.James@jeffcolibrary.org.
- Personal FM listening devices (function with or without hearing aids/cochlear implants) in meeting rooms at the Arvada, Belmar, Lakewood and Columbine libraries. Please let staff know if you want to use one of these devices during a program.
- American Sign Language feature films.
Blind and vision impairment accessibility
- Large print plugin keyboards and trackball mice available at all locations by request.
- ZoomText and Wynnreader screen magnification software available on all public computers at all locations.
- Large print books for all ages.
- Audio books for all ages on disc or downloadable.
- Colorado Talking Book Library provides audio, braille and large print books. We can assist with submitting applications to this library.
- ADA compliant design and architecture in all of our libraries, including parking, public computer desks and walkways.
- Trackball Mouse available at all locations by request.
- Staff assistance for people with mobility impairments, eg: searching for and retrieving materials from shelves.
- Home Delivery Service and Bookmobile for county residents. For more information contact us at 303-275-6161, firstname.lastname@example.org or visit us online to access the application.
Programs and Services
- Library for All is a monthly interactive program for adults with disabilities held at four libraries.
- Book A Librarian One-on-one librarian appointments are available for help finding information and using technology.