Some folks want to give back to their community. Many more just love the library and want to be part of the work that we do. Still others have rare skills that contribute in unique and special ways. Whatever their reasons, last year over 400 generous people donated nearly 35,000 hours of their time and talents to Jefferson County Public Library.
The work that volunteers do is critical to the overall mission of JCPL and is profoundly impactful to both our community and organization. They ask so very little, but give so very much.
You, too, can make a difference. If you:
- Are at least 14 years of age; and
- Love the books and movies and people and programs in the library; or
- Have time on your hands that you’d like to put to good use; or
- Have special talents that might be useful to the library; or
- Seek opportunities to learn new skills and meet new people…
…consider volunteering with the library!
For further information about volunteering at the library, please see our Volunteer Information Packet.
Current Volunteer Opportunities
Foundation Assistants Needed
Donation Processors: You’ll sort, box, and price a treasure trove of books, movies, and music CDs that have been donated to the library, and these materials are sold at the Used Book Sales. Proceeds help support many library programs and services.
Foundation Warehouse - Monday-Wednesday, Friday, flexible anytime 8:00-5:00.
Whale of a Used Book Sale Volunteers: Monday, October 23 – Sunday, October 29
Set Up Shifts: Morning and afternoon shifts are available. Please let us know what works for you. Shift Dates for the Sale:
- October 26: 4:00-9:00
- October 27: 8:00-5:30
- October 28: 7:00-5:30
- October 29: 10:00-5:00
If you can’t volunteer the whole shift, let us know what hours you’re available!
Arvada, Standley Lake, and Golden Library – Program Assistants for Library For All
Library For All is an interactive program for Adults with Disabilities. Help is needed for set-up, clean-up and assisting participants with their projects. We’re looking for folks who enjoy hands-on projects and making a difference in the lives of folks with special needs.
- Arvada Library– 3rd Wednesday of the Month, 1:00 p.m.
- Golden Library – Last Thursday of the Month, 11:30 a.m.
- Standley Lake Library – 2nd Tuesday of the Month, 12:00 p.m.
Library2You – For Those Who Can’t Get to the Library
- Office help needed, shelving returned materials and preparing materials for Bookmobile stops. Weekdays, 8:00-10:00.
- Ride Along with the Bookmobile – full day commitment required. Weekdays and Saturday, 8:00-4:00.
- Personal Shoppers – help folks find their next favorite books! Weekdays, flexible.
Belmar Library – Operations Assistants Needed
Help is needed with moving requested materials on and off the Holdshelves first thing in the morning so that when the library opens, people can find their stuff. Every day, 7:00-10:00 a.m. – bring your coffee!
Golden Library – Program Assistant Needed
Help with preparing Storytime crafts and materials for children’s programs. Shifts available: Monday mornings, Wednesdays after 3:00, Thursdays after 10:00, and Saturday afternoons.