Make a Difference
Some folks want to give back to their community. Many more just love the library and want to be part of the work that we do. Still others have rare skills that contribute in unique and special ways. Whatever their reasons, last year over 400 generous people donated nearly 35,000 hours of their time and talents to Jefferson County Public Library. The work that volunteers do is critical to the overall mission of JCPL and is profoundly impactful to both our community and organization. They ask so very little, but give so very much.
You, too, can make a difference. If you:
- Are at least 12 years of age (7th Grade and up); and
- Love the books and movies and people and programs in the library; or
- Have time on your hands that you’d like to put to good use; or
- Have special talents that might be useful to the library; or
- Seek opportunities to learn new skills and meet new people…
…consider volunteering with the library!
Thank you for your willingness to serve with Jefferson County Public Library!
Current Volunteer Opportunities
Library Foundation – Holiday Book Sale Volunteers Needed
- Standley Lake Library – Friday, December 1, 9:00-5:00 and Saturday, December 2, 9:00-4:00
- Golden Library – Friday, December 8, 9:00-5:00 and Saturday, December 8, 9:00-4:00
Help us spread the Holiday cheer selling almost new books, CDs, and DVDs! Shifts are mornings, afternoons, or all day long.
Lakewood Library – Operations Assistants Needed
Help library staff with shelving work.
- Sunday mornings and afternoons
- Friday mornings 9:00-12:00
Golden Library – Program Assistants Needed
Help with preparing Storytime crafts and materials for children’s programs. Shifts available:
- Monday mornings
- Wednesdays after 3:00
- Thursday mornings
- Saturday afternoons
Conifer Library – Operations Assistants Needed
Help library staff with shelving, pulling materials, and generally keeping the library tidy and organized.
- Tuesday afternoons
- Thursday afternoons
- Sunday afternoons
Special Populations – Spanish-speaking Program Assistants Needed
Work with the Spanish Outreach librarian by assisting with events at various library locations, including language-learning programs and special events throughout the year, such as Dia de los Muertos, Dia de los Ninos, and others. Spanish language fluency required; schedule is varied.
Standley Lake and Columbine Library – Program Assistants for Library For All
Library For All is an interactive program for Adults with Disabilities. Help is needed for set-up, clean-up and assisting participants with their projects. We’re looking for folks who enjoy hands-on projects and making a difference in the lives of folks with special needs.
- Standley Lake Library – 2nd Tuesday of the Month, 12:00 p.m.
- Columbine Library – beginning in January 2018
Evergreen Library – Program Assistants Needed
Assist with or facilitate library programs for kids, teens and adults. Help needed for a variety of programs, days and times:
- Great Decisions Facilitator – 1st and 3rd Wednesdays beginning in February 2018 for 9 weeks.
- Create Space Prep Help and Facilitators – One Sunday afternoon per month. If you have special skills in arts and crafts, we’d love to have you lead some sessions!
- Early Literacy Program Help – Assist with Discovery Play programs on Wednesday mornings and/or prepare Storytime crafts any day of the week.
- LEGO™ Time Facilitator – Second Monday of the month 4:00-5:00. Help with setting up and cleaning up, as well as talking to kids about their creations.
- PAWS for Reading Facilitator – 1st Monday and 3rd Thursday of the month 4:00-5:30. If you like kids and dogs, this job is for you. Set up and monitor program, and manage the reading to the dog timeslots.
- Fall Program Help – Assist with various kids and teen programs during the Fall months:
- Fall Break Fun – November 20, 1:30 – Create with Cubelets. Set up and run the program.
- Fall Break Fun – November 21, 1:30 – LibLab States of Matter and Slime. Set up and run the program.