We’ve missed seeing you!
Our buildings are beginning to open for you to browse our collections and use in-library resources. You’ll be able to visit most Jefferson County Public Library locations by the end of July.
We’ve created safety guidelines, adhering to current orders and recommendations from governing authorities, so you can browse materials and use computers.
Know before you go:
- Face coverings are required for all library patrons except for children who are ten (10) years old or younger.
- We’ve moved some furniture and added signage to remind all of us to keep 6 feet of physical distance from others when inside.
- Please enjoy your food outside of the library at this time. Only beverages will be allowed inside.
- There may be wait times due to capacity limits in buildings which is currently 50 percent of building capacity.
- Please make your visit as efficient as possible so others may enter too.
- We encourage you to explore our digital resources and take advantage of curbside services if you are not comfortable with the new safety requirements.
Please do NOT visit a library location if you:
- Are exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19, opens a new window, including: fever, cough, chills, muscle pain, sore throat, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, or new loss of taste or smell.
- Have been in recent contact with someone who has a confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19.
Available services at JCPL locations include:
- Browsing our collection
- Checking out and returning items
- Computer access
- Printing and copying
- Reduced capacity seating
In addition, library hours are reduced. Buildings will be open to the public from 10 a.m. – 1 p.m. and 2 – 5 p.m. Monday through Saturday. They will be closed for cleaning from 1 – 2 p.m. while curbside services continue outside. Locations will be reserved for vulnerable individuals from 9 – 10 a.m. on Monday, Wednesday and Saturday.
Curbside services will continue to be available from 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. Monday through Saturday, and noon – 5 p.m. on Sunday.
Schedule of Openings
Standley Lake Library – July 13
- Golden Library – July 16
- Columbine Library – July 17
- Lakewood Library – July 17
- Edgewater Library – July 22
- Arvada Library – July 22
- Evergreen Library – July 28
- Belmar Library – July 29
Wheat Ridge Library will not open for in-person services at this time, but is open for curbside services. The JCPL Bookmobile is also open at the parking lot of Safeway at Ken Caryl Avenue every Saturday from 12 – 4 p.m. Conifer Library will remain closed.
We appreciate your patience and understanding as we navigate this new way of serving our community, and look forward to seeing you soon and helping you during your visit. Our website, opens a new window always has the most up-to-date information. If you have questions, please call 303-235-5275 or send us an email, opens a new window.