We're just two weeks away from celebrating the grand opening celebration of the new Edgewater Library in Edgewater’s new Civic Center, 1800 Harlan Street, from 2 to 6 p.m. on Sunday, Nov. 18.
Mark your calendars now for these important dates:
Wednesday, Nov. 14, 6 p.m. Existing Edgewater Library Closes
In preparation for the event, the existing library at 5843 W 25th close its doors at 6 p.m. on Wednesday, Nov. 14. A book return will be available outside the existing library throughout the weekend, and fines will not be assessed on materials due for return during the closure.
Sunday, Nov. 18, 2 - 6 p.m. Grand Opening Celebration
Be treated to a host of fun activities and tours of the Library and Edgewater’s new police station, recreation center, city council chambers and city offices. Show us (or sign up for) a library card and be entered into a drawing to win an iPad or one of five Fire HD8 Tablets. The drawing closes and 6 p.m. on Sunday, Nov. 18; prizes will be awarded in a random drawing; and winners will be notified Monday, Nov. 26.
Monday, Nov. 19, 8 a.m. New Edgewater Library opens
The new library opens with major enhancements, including:
- More materials and resources in English and Spanish
- A certified Family Place™ Library
- Dedicated spaces for kids, teens and adults
- A quiet reading room (with fireplace feature)
- Expanded access to technology (9 public computers, 16 laptops, wireless hot spots for checkout and collaborative technology in all study rooms)
- Expanded service hours: open 65 hours/week
New library hours:
- 9-8 Monday through Thursday
- 9-5 Friday and Saturday
- Noon – 5 Sunday
For more information, please visit https://jeffcolibrary.org/edgewater-project/.