Library Summer Challenge: Dive Deep
June 1 - July 31
Dive Deep into a summer of learning and possibilities with Jefferson County Public Library’s Summer Challenge. Discover oceans of resources available to help you learn and explore all summer long. Don’t forget to come up for air as you challenge yourself to dive deeper than ever before. Log your points through Aug. 7 via Beanstack, opens a new window.
Take a deep dive with these ideas for related reads, resources and activities for all ages!
Babies (0 - 2)
Kids (3 - 11)
Teens (12 - 18)
Teen Writing Contest
Submissions are closed. Winners will be announced in September.
The system we use for Summer Challenge tracking allows you to use the same account year after year. We all know how difficult it is to remember which email we used, what our password is, or whether we created an account at all, but we encourage you to try to find your existing account instead of creating a duplicate account. Here are the options we suggest:
- Try logging in. Enter your email and password here. Any luck?
- Try resetting your password. Enter your email address here.
- A red error message means you did not register last year with that email address. Move on to step #3.
- A green bar means you can check your email for password reset instructions, and continue.
- We would be happy to look you up on the staff side of the software. Just call 303.235.5275 or email Ask@jeffcolibrary.org.
- If you weren't here the last several summers, you can register for the first time here.
Yes, we do! In the app store on your device, search for and install the “Beanstack” app. If you already registered on a computer, just sign in and start logging. Or select Sign Up and get the whole family registered.
When you are ready to begin logging, tap the plus sign.
- To log reading minutes, select Reading, then select a Reader, and then select a logging method for reading (Log Without a Title is the quickest).
- To log an activity, select Activity, then select a Reader, tap on Activities and Challenges, and then tap on the green plus sign next to the activity that you accomplished.
Your logging will be tracked whether you use the website or the app.
If you previously signed up for a program called 1000 Books Before Kindergarten, it is possible you have an account in this system. You can try to log in, or you can click Sign In and use the “I forgot my password” link. The system will send an email to you with instructions for resetting your password.
Children ages 0-5 are eligible for our 1000 Books Before Kindergarten program in addition to our Library Summer Challenge program. Both programs are run in this system. Be sure to count any reading you do with your 0-5-year-old in both programs!
After you log into your account, you should see a drop-down in the top right with your name on it. If you click that drop-down, you will see an option to Add a Reader.