Library Summer Challenge: Wild Ideas
Summer Challenge: June 1 - July 31
Let your imagination GO WILD with Jefferson County Public Library’s Summer Challenge from June 1 to July 31. Pre-registration begins May 1. What sparks your wild ideas? Whether it’s magical fantasy, white-knuckle suspense, examples of heroism in non-fiction or more, release your imagination and let it run free!
Take a walk on the wild side with these ideas for related reads, resources and activities for all ages!
Babies (0 - 2)
Kids (3 - 11)
Explore special programs and events for all ages all summer long.
Teen Writing Contest
This is the third summer we are using a system that does not require you to create a new account each year. We all know how difficult it is to remember which email we used, what our password is, or whether we created an account at all! Here are the options we suggest:
- Try logging in. Enter your email and password here. Any luck?
- Try resetting your password. Enter your email address here.
- A red error message means you did not register last year with that email address. Move on to step #3.
- A green bar means you can check your email for password reset instructions, and continue.
- We would be happy to look you up on the staff side of the software. Just call 303.235.5275 or email Ask@jeffcolibrary.org.
- If you weren't here the last two summers, you can register for the first time here.
After you log into your account, you should see a drop-down in the top right with your name on it. If you click that drop-down, you will see an option to Add a Reader.
To edit any of your reading minutes entries:
- log into your account
- click on Reading Log
- click on a date in the calendar
- click on a book jacket, or the red rectangle
- click Edit or Remove next to the erroneous entry, then Save.
It isn’t possible to edit any logged activities, so just don’t worry about those!
Yes, we do! In the app store on your device, search for and install the “Beanstack” app. If you already registered on a computer, just sign in and start logging. Or select Sign Up and get the whole family registered.
When you are ready to begin logging, tap the plus sign.
- To log reading minutes select Reading, select a Reader, and then select a logging method for reading (Log Without a Title is the quickest).
- To log an activity, select Activity after tapping the plus sign, then select a Reader, tap on Activities and Challenges, and then tap on the green plus sign next to the activity that you accomplished.
Your logging will be tracked whether you use the website or the app.
If you previously signed up for a program called 1,000 Books Before Kindergarten, it is possible you have an account in this system. You can try to log in, or you can click Sign In and use the “I forgot my password” link. The system will send an email to you with instructions for resetting your password.