Big, round scoops of Rocky Road ice cream melting in a waffle cone. Baseball games under glowing lights. The smell of sunscreen, chlorine and fresh cut grass. Lazy days spent fly fishing, hiking and camping. Sweet palisade peaches and smoky, roasted green chilies…Summertime in Colorado is almost here!
This summer, we’re rocking the books by reading 40 million minutes, and we need your help. Everyone, no matter their age, is encouraged to sign up today. Then, on June 1, it’s time to rock and roll. Simply read. Log minutes. Win prizes. And repeat.
When you pre-register (available from May 1 – May 31), you’re eligible to pick up your first prize on June 1 at any Jefferson County Public Library. As you continue to meet your reading goals throughout the summer, you’ll earn more exciting prizes.
To enhance your summer reading experience, we’re also offering more than 100 free summer programs and events, including:
- Top Hogs: Meet some rock star pigs who love to entertain and delight an audience. It’s action-packed comedy for the whole family. (Other events for the full family).
- Wild Senses: Little learners take on animal behaviors to experience the natural world. An adventurous Denver Museum of Nature & Science guides explorers smell out their food like a squirrel, hunt in the dark like a raccoon, and use infrared detection to see prey like a snake. (Other events for little ones).
- Instrument Petting Zoo: Strum, beat, and play your way through the Swallow Hill Music Instrument Petting Zoo! (Other events for big kids).
- Murder Mystery Theater Camp: Learn to write and perform an original murder mystery. (Other events for tweens and teens).
- Porters and Prose: Discuss a current fiction or non-fiction book over happy hour. (Other events for adults).
- ¡Fiesta Para Frida!: Para celebrar Frida Kahlo, la icónica maestro del autorretrato, tendremos una fiesta en su honor. (Otros eventos en español y bilingüe).
Create new summertime traditions when you register for all Summer Reading – related programs starting May 1. Some programs have limited availability, so sign up early jeffcolibrary.org or 303.235.5275!
Special thanks to our sponsors and partners for their support of Summer Reading!