Family Place™ Libraries at JCPL
Let’s play, learn and grow...together!
Family Place™ Libraries at Jefferson County Public Library are centers for the whole family to build good health and early learning. They are spaces where parental involvement and supportive communities play a critical role in getting kids ready for success. Find these designated spaces at Belmar and Edgewater Libraries.
Family Place Libraries offer:
- Books, toys and helpful information for babies, toddlers, preschoolers and their caregivers.
- A welcoming early-learning and play space for families with young children where they can enjoy programs, play together, make new friends, and talk one-on-one with community resource professionals.
- A safe place for families and kids (beginning at birth) to begin exploring the Library.
- Collaborations with community agencies to develop programs and services for families.
- Programming for young kids and their caregivers that inspires them to read, sing, talk, play and laugh together.
- Library staff trained in supporting caregivers as their child’s first and most important teachers.
Events and Activities
Raise a Reader Early Literacy Calendars
Read, write, sing, talk, play and count! Download our monthly calendar, featuring daily literacy-building activities to share with your little one.
Babies First Books
Parents are their child’s first and most important teacher. And Babies First Books encourages families to read together! Ask a library staff member at any location for your free book in Spanish or English. Sign up for 1000 Books Before Kindergarten to keep the learning going.