Step-by-step instructions: (Printable version)
- Go to the app store on your device, search for the “kanopy” app, and install it.
- Open the app and follow the steps to set up your account:
- Fill out the account creation form, or create your account using Facebook or Google, if you prefer.
- Find the verification email in your email account and click the link.
- Find Jefferson County Public Library (CO), and add your library card number.
- Use Search to look for specific items, or browse by category.
- To watch a film, tap on the cover image, then tap the Play button. (Clicking Play deducts from your monthly ticket allotment.)
- Go to the Continue Watching section in the menu to find films that you are currently watching. (If you do not see a Continue Watching section, log into your Kanopy account on a desktop computer and add a film to your Watchlist.)
- All of the titles are available all of the time, so there’s no requesting or waiting.
- Jefferson County residents may use 30 tickets each month, and the count resets the first of the month.
- Titles check out for varying viewing periods and are automatically returned. If you are not finished, you are welcome to borrow it again.