Video tutorial, opens a new window
Step-by-step instructions: (Printable version)
- In a browser, go to hoopladigital.com and click Get Started. Follow the steps to set up your account:
- Find Jefferson County Public Library.
- Enter your library card number.
- Enter your email address and a password.
- Click on Browse and choose Audiobooks, Movies, Music, Comics, E-books or Television.
- Use the Search box to find a specific title.
- To check out a title, click or hover on the cover image, then click Borrow.
- Click Play to listen or watch. A safe browser plug-in called Widevine Media Optimizer is required on Firefox. Follow prompts to install. Go to www.hoopladigital.com/support for troubleshooting.
- Borrowed titles are listed under My Hoopla. From here you can:
- Play or read the title.
- See when it will be returned.
- Return it early.
- Add it to your Favorites (heart icon).
- Hoopla content is only available via streaming on computers, requiring an internet connection.
- All of the titles are available all of the time, so there’s no requesting or waiting.
- You may borrow 10 titles per month, and the count resets the first of the month. Daily borrowing limits for the system also apply, and those reset at midnight. If you encounter a limit, add your items to your “Favorites” and try again after midnight.
- Checkout Periods
- Videos: 3 days
- Music: 7 days
- Audiobooks, E-books, Comics: 21 days
- Titles are automatically returned at the end of the check-out period. If you are not finished, you are welcome to borrow it again. Music titles can be borrowed only 2 times in 1 month.