Step-by-step instructions (Printable version)
Create Your Kanopy Account
Go to kanopy.com and click Get Started. Follow the steps to set up your account:
- Find and select Jefferson County Public Library.
- Enter your library card number.
- Enter name, email address and a password.
- Find the verification email in your inbox and click on the link to verify your email.
Amazon Fire TV, Android TV, Google TV, Apple TV, Roku, Samsung Smart TV, Telstra TV
After you create your Kanopy account, go to the app store on your TV, search for Kanopy and install the app. Log in with your account.
AirPlay (using AirPlay to watch on your Apple TV)
- Log in to the Kanopy iOS app on another device.
- Select a film and press Play.
- Tap the AirPlay icon in the top-right corner of the screen and select your Apple TV.
Chromecast (Using the iOS or Android app)
- After you create your Kanopy account, open the Kanopy app on your device.
- In the app on your device, tap the “Cast” button at the top right corner of the screen.
- Select the Chromecast device that is connected to your television. Once the connection is established, your TV screen will display “Ready to cast.”
- Start playing a film on the app and it will be played via Chromecast on your TV screen.
Chromecast (Using a computer)
- After you create your Kanopy account, log into your Kanopy account on the computer using the Chrome browser, and click Play on a borrowed title.
- The Cast icon will appear at the bottom right of the video player.
- Click the Cast icon, select your Chromecast device, and the film will start playing on your TV.
- All of the titles are available all of the time, so there’s no requesting or waiting.
- Jefferson County residents may use 30 tickets each month, and the count resets the first of the month.
- Titles check out for varying viewing periods and are automatically returned. If you are not finished, you are welcome to borrow it again.