Step-by-step instructions: (Printable version)
Install the Hoopla App and Create Your Hoopla Account
- Go to the app store on your device, search for the “Hoopla digital” app, and install it.
- Open the app and follow the steps to set up your account:
- Tap Sign Up.
- Find Jefferson County Public Library.
- Enter your library card number.
- Enter your email address and a password.
Search, Browse and Borrow
- Use Search (magnifying glass icon) for specific items, or use the icons at the bottom of the screen to browse Video, Music, or Books.
- To check out a title, tap on the cover image, then tap Borrow.
- Tap Play to watch or listen, or Read to open an e-book.
- Access what you have checked out by tapping My Hoopla. From there you can:
- Play, listen or read the title.
- See when it will be returned.
- Return it early.
- Add it to your Favorites.
- Download it to watch offline on your device. The download will expire when the loan expires.
- All of the titles are available all of the time, so there’s no requesting or waiting.
- You may borrow 10 titles per month, and the count resets the first of the month. Daily borrowing limits for the system also apply, and those reset at midnight. If you encounter a limit, add your items to your “Favorites” and try again after midnight.
- Titles are automatically returned at the end of the check-out period. Videos: 3 days, Music: 7 days, Audiobooks, E-books, Comics: 21 days. If you are not finished, you are welcome to borrow it again. Music titles can be borrowed only 2 times in 1 month.