Step-by-step instructions: (Printable version)
Install the Boundless app and log in
- In the app store on your device, search for “Boundless” and follow the prompts to install it. You will need your Apple ID or Google Play Store username and password.
- Once the app is installed, open it and search for "Jefferson County Public Library" at the Welcome screen, then tap on Jefferson County Public Library (make sure the address shows as Wheat Ridge, CO).
- Enter your Jefferson County Public Library card number (Library ID), and tap log in or sign in.
Profiles and Reading Interests
- Similar to many popular online streaming services, you will now have the option to create up to five profiles under a single library card for a more personalized experience based on age. For example, teen profiles display only young adult or children’s materials, and kid profiles only display children’s materials. Profiles are completely optional and can be added or deleted at any time.
- Each profile prompts you to select reading interests, and reading recommendations based on those interests can be found in My Shelf.
- Enter a profile by tapping on it.
Search or Browse
- Use the search box at the top to search for a title, author, or keyword. Use the refine/equalizer icon () in the top right to filter and sort the search results.
- Or, tap on the Browse icon at the bottom and use the refine/equalizer icon () to filter by subject, genre, format, availability, etc.
- The format (e-book or audiobook) is indicated at the bottom of each book jacket.
- When the book jacket has a diagonal banner that says Waitlist, the title is checked out and you may place a hold. Titles without that banner are available for check out.
Check Out and Read/Listen
- When you find an available title, tap on the cover and then tap Checkout. The title will download automatically and then open. If it does not, tap Download.
- To read or listen to your title, tap on My Shelf, then Checkouts, then tap Read/Listen or Continue.
- When reading an e-book, tap anywhere on the screen to reveal menu options such as table of contents, bookmarks, adjusting font size and type, etc.
- When listening to an audiobook, use the menu items at the top and bottom to adjust audio speed, bookmark, or set a sleep timer.
- To close the book, tap on the screen and then the back arrow. Your place is automatically bookmarked.
You may check out 99 titles at one time.
Place a hold
- To place a hold on a title that is checked out, tap on the cover and tap Place Hold. If you entered an email address in your profile, you’ll receive an email notice when your hold is ready to check out.
- Once the title is ready to check out, go to My Shelf, then Holds and tap Checkout next to the title.
You may have 70 titles on hold at one time. You have three days to check out a hold once it becomes available for you.
Early returns and renewing
- Items are automatically returned after 21 days and there are no late fees. To return a title early, tap on My Shelf, then Checkouts. Tap on the three vertical dots at the bottom right of the book jacket, then Return and Ok.
- If a title does not have holds, you will be able to renew it within three days of its due date. To renew, tap on My Shelf, then Checkouts. Tap on the three vertical dots at the bottom right of the book jacket, then Renew. Next, to reactivate the title, tap the three dots again and Remove, then Download Now.