Digital Media Studio
Start your podcast in the Digital Media Studio! This space in the Belmar Library has all the equipment you need to get your podcast on the airwaves: microphones, sound mixers, computer software and expert guidance from our librarians to get you started.
How it Works
- A podcasting orientation session is required before you can access independent time in the Studio. This two-hour course will introduce you to everything you need to know about the space and the equipment.
- Once completed, you can book an independent, two-hour recording session in the Digital Media Studio to work on your podcast. Please indicate whether you need an orientation to the Studio during the booking process.
- Bookings can be made three days in advance and require a two-step approval process. You will receive an initial email and an approval/confirmation email.
- Time slots are limited.
The newly reopened Studio will host one-on-one podcasting introduction sessions and independent recording sessions. All you need is a JCPL library card in good standing and a confirmed appointment.
Offerings in the Digital Media Studio may change, so check back here frequently to see what’s new!
- iMac Pro (includes Audacity, FL Studio, GarageBand, Logic Pro)
- MacBook Pro (includes Audacity, FL Studio, GarageBand, Logic Pro)
- Studio Grade Dynamic Microphone with adjustable arms
- Mackie B Box Channel Mixer
- M Audio Oxygen 49 keys Keyboard
Please use our booking system available here.
Podcasting Orientation: The podcasting orientation provides instruction for the equipment in the space as well as an overview of podcast production, including recording and publishing a podcast. There’s an additional hour of time available to try recording.
Independent recording session: After you attend an orientation session, you can book an independent time slot. During this session, there’s two hours of time available in the digital media studio to record, edit, mix, test. Staff will be on hand to assist with troubleshooting. Below is a typical breakdown of recording time:
- 30 minutes of setup
- 60 minutes of recording
- 30 minutes of exporting/saving progress
You are free to use this time to record, but you are also welcome to try out the equipment, do a test recording, access the post production tools available in the space.
Jefferson county resident cardholders aged 14 and older with a card in good standing.