Belmar Library - Program Assistants
- Crafternoons Host: If you enjoy knitting, crocheting, and/or needlework, this is the volunteer job for you! Help set up, run, and clean up this two-hour monthly meetup of fiber arts enthusiasts. Third Friday of the Month: 11:30-2:30
- STEaMPunks Helper: If you enjoy school-aged kids and tweens – and have a passion for science, technology, engineering, arts and math – we need YOU! Help with weekly STEaMPunks program design, planning and execution. Thursdays – 3:30-5:30
Library To You – Operations/Program Assistant
Assist with a variety of clerical and shelving tasks, and assist with the preparation of programming materials, bookmobile “make and take” kits and craft projects. Schedule would be Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday morning, approximately 2 hours per week. Library To You is located in the Library Administration wing of the Lakewood Library.
Golden Library – Program Assistant
Help with preparing Storytime crafts and materials for children’s programs – roughly 2-3 hours per week.
- Monday mornings, anytime between 9:00 and 1:00
- Wednesday evenings, anytime between 3:00 and 8:00
- Thursday mornings, anytime between 9:00 and 1:00
- Saturday afternoons, anytime between 1:00 and 5:00
Kids & Families Outreach – Community Storytime Assistants
- A love of kids, books and libraries
- An appreciation of preschooler’s energy and enthusiasm
- Previous experience in a Preschool or Kindergarten classroom
- Commitment to attend Storytime training in August
- Able to commit to morning and afternoon preschool visits at least one day per month during the 2018-2019 school year on a Tues, Wed, Thurs OR Fri. No Monday opportunities available. All day commitment.
- A reliable mode of transportation
- Previous experience working with young children in a school setting required
- Must be 18 years or older
- Pick up prepared Storytime kits once/month from a designated JCPL Library
- Prepare for Storytimes by previewing books and practicing songs, rhymes, and props before visits
- Visit and read to one or more classes per month, September - May
- Promote JCPL’s resources and services
- Communicate with the teacher and Kids & Families staff
PAWS for Reading – Dog and Handler Teams: Multiple Jeffco Library Locations
PAWS is a unique program that provides young children opportunities to read with a four-legged friend from Denver Pet Partners. Dogs are ideal reading companions because they create a relaxed, comfortable and safe environment for sharing books. If you and your dog are interested in becoming a Denver Pet Partners volunteer team, you will need to work directly with Denver Pet Partners in completing the steps outlined here.
Questions? Contact the Volunteer Program Coordinator at [email protected] or 303-275-2212.