Now Recruiting Teen Volunteers for Summer Reading
Have fun earning those school or community service hours while helping your community and gaining great job experience. Volunteers assist with registration, prize giveaways, and a variety of special programming. Teens in grade 7-12 are eligible to volunteer. Training is provided.
Apply here to be a Teen Summer Reading Volunteer at your Jeffco Library.
Children’s/Teen Program Helpers – various dates and times.
We need extra hands to help facilitate programs for children or teens, including Early Release Days, Spring Break programs, and After Hours Harry Potter. If you enjoy interacting with kids or teens and are free in the afternoons, WE NEED YOU!
Conifer Library – Operations Assistants
Help library staff with shelving, pulling materials, and generally keeping the library tidy and organized.
- Sunday afternoons
Golden Library - Program Assistants
Help with preparing Storytime crafts and materials for children’s programs – roughly 2-3 hours per week.
- Monday mornings, anytime between 9:00 and 1:00
Lakewood Library – Program Assistants
Assist with or facilitate library programs for kids, teens and adults. Help needed for a variety of programs, days and times:
- LEGO™ Master – First Tuesday of the month, 2:45-5:15. Help school ages kids build creations with LEGO™ bricks.
Library To You – Operations Assistant
Assist with shelving holds and selecting/stocking the Bookmobile with materials for its daily run.
- Wednesday mornings – 2 hours
Library Foundation – Warehouse Volunteers Needed
Research and price Rare & Collectible book donations; sort, categorize and box up donated materials. Schedule is flexible, but we’re looking for steady, long-term volunteers to help with these important fund-raising tasks.
- Shifts available on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays between 9:00 and 5:00.
Teen Services – Volunteer Tutors for Elementary Aged Children
Teen Services is collaborating with Jeffco Schools in establishing a Homework Help program for 3rd-6th grade students at Slater Elementary School on Mondays, 2:30-3:30. This position is perfect for High School students in need of community service hours.
Now Recruiting for Teen Advisory Board (TAB) Members – Multiple Library Locations
TABs provide teens the opportunity to become advocates for the library in the community, to promote reading, to help develop and implement programs and events for teens, and to gain real-world employment skills. TAB membership also looks terrific on college and job applications! TAB Applications are now being accepted at multiple library locations. TAB members must commit to:
- Attending monthly meetings and missing no more than 3 meetings/year
- Actively participating in the group
- Volunteering in the library for various events
- Attending at least 3 library programs per year
- Being team players and respecting the opinions and values of other TAB members
If the Teen Advisory Board interests you, please complete the online application. Libraries recruiting for TAB members – and their meeting schedules – are listed below:
- Arvada Library – Meetings held the second Monday evening of each month, 6:00-7:00
- Columbine Library – Meetings held the first Thursday afternoon of each month, 4:00-5:30
Golden Library – Meetings held on the following dates:
- Sunday, March 4, 2:00-3:00
- Sunday, April 15, 2:00-3:00
- Sunday, May 13, 1:30-2:30
- Sunday, June 10, 10:00-11:00
- Sunday, July 8, 10:00-11:00
- Sunday, August 5, 11:00-12:00
- Lakewood Library – Meetings held third Monday afternoon of each month, 4:00-5:00
- Wheat Ridge – Meetings held mostly on the second Saturday of each month, 2:00-3:00 (some days may be slightly different times)