Standley Lake Library – Operations Assistants
Assist library staff with straightening, shelving reserved items and library materials, and other duties as needed.
Wednesdays: 8:00-12:00, 1:00-5:00
Saturdays: 9:00-1:00, 1:00-5:00
HELP DEVELOP THE NEXT GENERATION OF STEM INNOVATORS!
Jefferson County Public Library is recruiting MENTORS and JUDGES to help with the Epic STEM Fair, a 3-month STEM exploration in partnership with Jefferson County Public Middle Schools, from October to December 2019.
Mentors will help students hone their ideas and hypotheses, and realistically guide them as they develop their projects and solutions. You will model the curiosity, creativity, patience and persistence of good scientists.
- Will be college students or professionals working in the STEM fields
- Will be paired with student teams at Middle Schools throughout Jefferson County
- Will coach the teams during school hours, during after-school STEM Club meetings, or at libraries
- Can expect to work directly with students 3-4 times between late October and mid-December of 2019
Judges will help students build their self- confidence, and practice executive functioning and presentation skills. You will help students actually visualize themselves as scientists, technologists, engineers and mathematicians.
- Will be professional working in or retired from the various STEM fields
- Will observe, evaluate and rank student projects and presentations at the Epic STEM Fair on Friday, December 13 at the Jefferson County Fair Grounds
- Will judge students’ projects in disciplines related to their own
- Can expect to spend a full day judging projects and determining project rankings
For more information about volunteering for the Epic STEM Challenge, contact the Volunteer Program Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or 303-275-2212, or complete the Epic STEM Volunteer Application.
Questions? Contact the Volunteer Program Coordinator at email@example.com or 303-275-2212.