Belmar Library – Program Assistant
Adult Volunteer Needed: Assist library staff in running the weekly Discover Play program for Babies, Toddlers, and Preschoolers. Help with the program set-up, assist with facilitating the activities, then help clean up afterwards.
- Wednesday afternoons 1:30-3:30 p.m.
Kids & Families Outreach – Community Story Time Assistants
- A love of kids, books and libraries and an appreciation of preschooler’s energy and enthusiasm;
- Previous experience in a Preschool or Kindergarten classroom;
- Commitment to attend Story Time training in August;
- Able to commit to full day preschool visits at least one day per month during the 2019-2020 school year on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays OR Fridays;
- A reliable mode of transportation. Opportunities are in the Lakewood/Littleton/Ken Caryl areas in the following Jeffco preschools:
- Dutch Creek
- Kendrick Lakes
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Pick up prepared Story Time kits once/month from a designated JCPL Library;
- Prepare for Story Times by previewing books and practicing songs, rhymes, and props before visits;
- Visit and read to one or more classes per month, September – May;
- Promote JCPL’s resources and services;
- Communicate with the teacher and Kids & Families staff.
Lakewood Library – Operations Assistant
Help set up Babytime & Storytime, and shelve holds or returned library materials.
- Saturdays 7:00-9:00 or 8:00-10:00
Wheat Ridge Library – Program Assistant
Help with preparing Storytime crafts and materials for children’s programs. Flexible schedule, roughly 2 hours per week.
JCPL’s Promotions & Marketing team is seeking a volunteer to edit and update a marketing video. Schedule is flexible. Volunteer should be adept with video editing software and videography techniques.
Questions? Contact the Volunteer Program Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or 303-275-2212.