In order to provide a positive experience for tour groups, the following guidelines apply.
- The library is a working environment; employees are actively serving patrons. Tours are scheduled as time and staff availability permits. Contact the Children’s or Adult’s department to make an appointment for any tour group.
- Circumstances for provision of tours vary from library to library.
- The size of group that can be accommodated varies by library and age of patrons.
- Groups not requiring staff guidance or instruction are encouraged to contact the relevant department in advance of their visit.
- Should a group require library cards, please make advance arrangements to submit library card applications to ensure that no one is disappointed on the day of the tour.
- The appropriate statistics should be recorded and submitted to the monthly statistics report.