Beginning January 3, Jefferson County residents can register for an appointment to get free tax help from AARP IRS-certified volunteers. Free tax counseling and preparation services are available February 2 - April 13 at the following locations:
- Standley Lake
AARP asks that each patron uses the following checklist as a reminder of the items they need to bring when visiting an AARP Foundation Tax-Aide site for help preparing tax returns.
- Previous year's tax return(s).
- Social Security cards and/or ITIN notices/cards or other official documentation that show the taxpayer identification numbers for every individual on your return.
- Photo ID for each taxpayer.
- Checkbook if you want to direct deposit any refund(s) or direct debit any amounts due.
- Identity Protection PIN (IP PIN) (for each individual if applicable).
Appointments can be made at the Library or by calling 303-235-5275 beginning January 3..