May is an exciting time at JCPL! Summer Reading Club sign up begins May 1 and the Spring Whale of a Used Book Sale is May 31-June 2! Plus, the Library Foundation and 240 Union will be holding a fundraiser May 1 for anyone who is looking for a great meal that will benefit a great cause. Mark your calendars! The fun is only a couple days away!
240 Union is hosting a May Day Fundraiser for Jefferson County Public Library! On Wednesday, May 1, 20 percent of the day's food sales will be donated to the Library Foundation, to support the 2013 Summer Reading Club - a staple of Jefferson County Public Library for more than 40 years!
Make your reservation today: 303.989.3562
From May 6-20, families with four-year-old children living in Jeffco can get a free book at any JCPL location as part of Lt. Gov. Joe Garcia's One Book 4 Colorado program.
We’ve got lots going on to help celebrate during the month, including:
- Monday, May 6, at the Lakewood Library: Jefferson County Commissioner Don Rosier will present special storytime programs to toddlers (at 11 a.m.) and pre-school children (at 11:30 a.m.).
- Tuesday, May 7, at the Belmar Library: At 2 p.m., Lt Gov. Joe Garcia will announce the winners of a statewide video contest sponsored by the Colorado State Library.
- Wednesday, May 8, at the Evergreen Library: Jefferson County Commissioner Don Rosier will present special Children’s storytime (ages 2-6) at 4 p.m.
- Saturday, May 11, at the Columbine Library: A special author visit and storytime from the One Book 4 Colorado author at 10:30 a.m. Registration is required and begins at 12 p.m. May 6.
- Saturday, May 11, at the Arvada Library: A special author visit and storytime from the One Book 4 Colorado author at 1:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, May 15, at the Wheat Ridge Library: The Wheat Ridge Library is hosting a special storytime and craft for four-year-olds and their families at 4 p.m.
We know you want to get your hands on the latest magazines as soon as possible...right? To improve the availability of our popular items, the checkout time for magazines will change to seven days beginning May 1.
JCPL will be helping to celebrate the opening of RTD's West Rail Line on Saturday, April 27 at the Lakewood-Wadsworth Station and at the Jefferson County Government Station beginning at 10 a.m. Take a free ride on the light rail and come say hello! Planning to be a regular rider? Be sure you're up on the latest JCPL has to offer, including:
JCPL's Executive Director, Pam Nissler, was the featured guest on the latest episode of Arvada Insights, hosted by Arvada Mayor Marc Williams. Take a few minutes to watch the show to find out about our new web site, the resources we offer and how we partner with organizations in the Arvada community.