August 18 - Jeffco Libraries have no eclipse glasses available.
Make your own eclipse viewer
We are all out of eclipse glasses! People are excited about the upcoming August 21 solar eclipse. Unfortunately, the 5,000 pairs of glasses we received are gone!
Don’t despair…we can show you how to make your own eclipse viewer. If you are buying eclipse glasses, be sure to protect your eyes and buy from a reputable source.
DIY Lab: Make a Pinhole Eclipse Viewer | Sunday, Aug. 13 | 1:30 – 2:30 p.m. | Golden Library
Great American Eclipse - Learn about the eclipse at this presentation. | Tuesday, Aug. 15 | 6:30 – 8:30 p.m. | Belmar Library
On Monday, August 21:
- 11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. | Arvada Library
- 10:30 a.m. – 1 p.m. | Belmar Library
- 9 a.m. – 1 p.m. | Columbine Library | * Space is limited; get your glasses from Library opening until eclipse show time
- 11:30 a.m. – 1: 30 p.m. | Edgewater Library
- 10:30 a.m. – 1 p.m. | Evergreen Library (*Hosted by Open Space’s astronomy volunteer Jim Cappa.)
- 10:30 a.m. – 1 p.m. | Golden Library
- 10:30 a.m. – 1 p.m. | Lakewood
- 10:30 a.m. – 1 p.m. | Standley Lake
- 10:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m. | Wheat Ridge (*Craft: ‘Bling-out’ your eclipse viewing glasses starting at 10:30 a.m. All materials provided.)
More Eclipse Info
Reputable Vendors of Solar Filters & Viewers - American Astronomical Society