Be a famous Teen Artist - show your art!
According to wikiHow, your dream of becoming a famous artist may not be as far-fetched as you think. We here at Jeffco Library agree! The wikiHow to Become a Famous Artist page offers great advice. Here’s their breakdown:
- Practice. Every day. An hour or more is ideal, but even just 20 minutes is significant.
- Work on the things you love. Choose objects that have meaning to you. Start simple (a ball for example) and build to more complicated subjects as your skills improve (like a rose).
- Vary your art tools. Start with a pencil and then go to charcoal, paint, clay, digital – whatever interests you.
- Get critiqued by family and friends. Make it clear you want an honest opinion.
- Look outside your circle for opinions. Reach out to others like you who are just starting out.
- Learn to accept compliments gracefully. Relax, and enjoy the support.
- Develop a strong personal style. The more you practice and follow your passion, the more your style will emerge.
- Be prolific. Create plentifully and in as many formats as possible.
If you’re an aspiring artist, between the ages of 12 and 18, live in Jefferson County, and want to share your work with others, the Belmar Teen Advisory Board wants to hear from you! We’re seeking entries into our Teen Art Exhibit from now until July 23.
For full details visit jeffcolibrary.org, and mark your calendar now for the Art Exhibit Reception on August 2. The exhibit will be on display at Belmar Library from August 1 until August 31. Everyone is welcome to participate – from art creators to admirers.
The library is also a great place to learn more about your craft, with teen-approved reads on Art History, art how-to ideas and exercises, and dealing with your worst critic, aka yourself!
For more information on the Teen Art Exhibit, email Librarian Lisa, [email protected].