Getting Started: Kanopy on a smartphone or tablet
Step by step instructions:
- Go to kanopy.com and click Get Started. Follow the steps to set up your account:
- Find and select Jefferson County Public Library.
- Enter your library card number.
- Enter name, email address and a password.
- Find the verification email in your inbox and click on the link to verify your email.
- Use Search to look for specific items, or browse by category.
- To watch a film, tap on the cover image, then tap the Play button. (Clicking Play deducts one of your 10 monthly play credits.)
- Go to the Continue Watching section in the menu to find films that you are currently watching. (If you do not see a Continue Watching section, log into your Kanopy account on a desktop computer and add a film to your Watchlist.)
- All of the titles are available all of the time, so there’s no requesting or waiting.
- You may borrow 10 titles per month, and the count resets the first of the month.
- Titles check out for 3 days.
- Titles are automatically returned after 3 days. If you are not finished, you are welcome to borrow it again.