Recorded Books was purchased by another company this year, and the RBdigital audiobook platform will be discontinued this fall. Most of the RBdigital content will be transferred to Axis 360 on October 19.
Check out this helpful flowchart, opens a new window or read about this change:
- Most of the content that we purchased in RBdigital will be transferred to Axis 360. If you are not finding a title that you once had access to on RBdigital audiobooks, please submit a suggestion for purchase.
- Once the transfer of audiobooks begins on October 19, you will be able to finish anything you currently have checked out through RBdigital.
- Your current holds in RBdigital will not be automatically transferred. You will have to re-place your holds manually in another app. Access your list of holds in the RBdigital app by tapping on the menu icon in the top left, then My Account, then Holds. Jot down the titles and authors, and save the list.
- Searching for those titles in our catalog will show you all formats of each title. Our Axis 360 and Hoopla collections have downloadable audiobooks and our physical collection holds books on CD and pre-loaded MP3 players (Playaways).
- To get started with Axis 360 or Hoopla, simply search for each in the app store on your device and install them. Follow prompts to find Jefferson County Public Library and either sign in with your library card number or create an account.
- To use Axis 360 or Hoopla on a PC or Mac, log in or create an account.
It has not yet been decided what will happen to the RBdigital magazine collection.
Please see our FAQs and tutorials for more information about Axis 360 and Hoopla.