To check items out of the vending machine:
- Visit the vending machine, located in the parking structure under the City of Lakewood Civic & Cultural Center (470 S. Allison Parkway.) You’ll find the machine near the pedestrian entrance to the garage, by the RTD stop, right next to the Holds Locker.
- Touch Check Out on the vending machine screen.
- Use the screen to search for an item. Browse the items currently available, or search for a specific Author or Title.
- Select, by tapping, the item you are interested in and touch Check Out.
- Scan or type your library card number.
- The machine will retrieve your item, the door below the screen will open and your item will be there.
- It will ask you if you would like to check out another item. If you do, tap yes and follow steps 3-6 above. If you don’t, tap no.
- If we have your email address in your account your receipt will be sent to you. You must visit a library to add an email address to your account. There also is an option to print a receipt.
To return items to the vending machine:
- Touch Return on the vending machine screen and scan the barcode of the item you would like to return. (Only items that have been checked out from the vending machine can be returned there.)
- When the door opens, place your item in the slot.
- If you have more than one item, repeat the above process.
You can return anything you checked out from the vending machine back to the vending machine. You can also return vending machine items to any library location.