Step-by-step instructions: (Printable version)
- In a browser, visit our Axis 360 collection (jeffco.axis360.baker-taylor.com) to browse or search for titles.
- If your desired title is available, click Checkout next to it and enter your library card number. If your title is not available, click Place Hold and enter your library card number.
- Use the menu at the top left to access your list of checkouts or holds.
- Next to one of your checked out titles, click the Read/Listen Now button. The first time you do this, you might need to allow Axis 360 to launch pop-ups in your browser.
- After the book opens, click anywhere in the page to reveal the menus. Explore the options at the top right: font size, note-taking, bookmarks, audio speed, etc.
- To download an e-book for offline reading, click the three horizontal lines on the top left to see the Main Menu. (Only e-books can be accessed offline at this time.)
- Click Offline Access and wait for it to download. You will get a success message.
- Create a browser bookmark (click the star icon to the right of the address bar) so you can return later to the book.
- When you use the bookmark to return to the book, you will be prompted to enter your Library ID (your library card number).
- Your checked out item will automatically return at the end of the loan period. If you wish to return an item early, click the Return button next to the title in your Checked Out list.
- If a title does not have holds, a Renew button will appear next to your Checked Out items 3 days before it will expire.
- You may have 99 checkouts and 70 holds at one time.
- Once you are notified that a hold is ready, you have 3 days to check it out. You also have the option of changing the settings in your Axis 360 online account so that your holds are automatically checked out.