COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Response
As the COVID-19 outbreak evolves, Jefferson County Public Library is following recommendations from Jefferson County Public Health and the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment, to limit and slow the spread of the virus.
We will continue to monitor the situation and update this page as we receive new information or recommendations Jefferson County Public Health and the Colorado Department of Health and Environment.
Based on current recommendations from County Public Health authorities, all Jefferson County Public Library locations, book drops and administration are closed to the public until further notice starting 12 pm on Sunday, March 15, 2020.
A Gradual Return to In-Person Service
While keeping the health and safety of our staff and community a first priority, we have begun offering some in-person services. Curbside Holds Pickup is now available at Arvada, Columbine, Evergreen, Golden, Standley Lake and Wheat Ridge Libraries by appointment only. We're now accepting returns at Arvada, Columbine, Evergreen, Golden, Standley Lake and Wheat Ridge Libraries.
Learn more about scheduling your holds pick-up appointment and other service updates.
- During the Library closure, due dates have been extended.
- Fines and fees on checked-out materials will continue to be waived, including for Prospector items.
- Items on hold will be held for pick up when the Library reopens.
- We are now accepting returns at Evergreen, Golden, Standley Lake and Wheat Ridge. Please do not bring your materials back to any other locations until the Library reopens.
Meetings and Events
- All onsite library events and programs are cancelled. However, we are excited to offer a mix of Virtual, Livestream and Call-In programming for you to enjoy at home.
- Library study and meeting room reservations are cancelled.
COVID-19 Closure FAQs
Jefferson County residents who do not have a library membership can request a temporary library card to start using most of our online resources. If you cannot find your existing library card, a temporary card is your only option during the closure.
Notes about the temporary library card:
- The system checks to see if you have a card already. If nothing happens when you click Submit, add a number to the end of your last name, so the system does not see you as a duplicate, and click Submit again.
- Write down your temporary card number after the form submits.
- Click immediately on Create Your PIN, and type (or paste) your temporary card number in the library card number box, then click Log In. Enter your new 4-digit PIN twice, and then click the purple Continue button.
- Enter your card number and PIN again, watch for a Welcome message, and follow prompts to create your online library account.
Once the libraries open again, please come visit any of our locations with your photo ID and get your temporary card replaced with a permanent card. (Ask the staff member to remove the number from your last name, if needed!)
Unfortunately, based on current recommendations from Jefferson County Public Health, all physical Library material exchanges, including items requested via Prospector, are cancelled until further notice in an attempt to limit and slow the spread of the coronavirus.
In the interest of public health and slowing the spread of the coronavirus within our community, we have temporarily ceased all Bookmobile, Library to You and Mail Delivery operations. However, our online library and access to digital materials (like e-books and audiobooks) is still in operation, and you can access these services via our online library 24 hours, seven days a week!
We do not know at this time. We will continue to communicate with you as county recommendations and our response to this outbreak evolves. Sign up for our emails to stay informed. We look forward to welcoming you back into library buildings when our community is able to gather once again. Until then, visit us at jeffcolibrary.org and take advantage of our great online resources.
We're Here for You
Explore our Online Library
JCPL continues to offer a large variety of digital options in our online library, including eBooks, Audiobooks, Movies & TV, Music and Magazines & Newspapers. Our website is our online branch, and it never closes.
Book a Librarian
Have questions about using our online library or resources? Need help finding answers or information? Book a Librarian to get personalized assistance from a librarian.
If you need to speak to one of our staff members about your Library account, call 303.235.5275, Monday - Friday, 9 am - 5 pm.
Take a Break with Virtual Events
From Story Times and Book Groups to Crafternoons and Mental Fitness Fridays, connect with your JCPL community through virtual, livestream and call-in programming.
Information You Can Trust
These trusted resources help answer your questions with the latest information about the COVID-19 pandemic: