COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Response
Jefferson County Public Library Closures
As the COVID-19 outbreak evolves, Jefferson County Public Library is following recommendations from Jefferson County Public Health and the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment, to limit and slow the spread of the virus.
Based on current recommendations from County Public Health authorities, all Jefferson County Public Library locations, book drops and administration are closed to the public until further notice starting 12 pm on Sunday, March 15, 2020.
While Jefferson County Public Library locations, book drops and administration are closed to the public:
- Due dates will be extended
- Fines and fees on checked out materials will be waived
- Items on hold will be held for pick up when library locations reopen
- Library study and meeting room reservations are cancelled
- Library events are cancelled
- Prospector will be unavailable
We will continue to monitor the situation and update this page as we receive new information or recommendations Jefferson County Public Health and the Colorado Department of Health and Environment.
Information You Can Trust
We have compiled a list of trusted resources that you might find helpful in answering your questions and keeping current on information about the Coronavirus.
Explore Our Online Library
COVID-19 Closure FAQs
Jefferson County residents who do not have a library membership can request a temporary library card to start using most of our online resources. Request a temporary library card.
Please bear with us regarding the quirks of this process:
- The system checks to see if you have a card already. If nothing happens when you click Submit, add a number to the end of your last name, so the system does not see you as a duplicate, and click Submit again.
- Write down your temporary card number after the form submits.
- Click immediately on Create Your PIN, and type (or paste) your temporary card number in the library card number box, then click Log In. Enter your new 4-digit PIN twice, and then click the purple Continue button.
- Enter your card number and PIN again, watch for a Welcome message, and follow prompts to create your online library account.
Once the libraries open again, please come visit any of our libraries with your photo ID and get your temporary card replaced with a permanent card. (Ask the staff member to remove the number from your last name, if needed!)
Unfortunately, based on current recommendations from Jefferson County Public Health, all physical Library material exchanges, including items requested via Prospector, are cancelled until further notice in an attempt to limit and slow the spread of the coronavirus.
In the interest of public health and slowing the spread of the coronavirus within our community, we have temporarily ceased all Bookmobile, Library to You and Mail Delivery operations. However, our online library and access to digital materials (like e-books and audiobooks) is still in operation, and you can access these services via our online library 24 hours, seven days a week!
We do not know at this time. We will continue to communicate with you as county recommendations and our response to this outbreak evolves. Sign up for our emails to stay informed. We look forward to welcoming you back into library buildings when our community is able to gather once again. Until then, visit us at jeffcolibrary.org and take advantage of our great online resources.