Jefferson County Public Library (JCPL) is gearing up for a major redesign of the Belmar Library. First opened in 2000, the Belmar Library was last updated in 2007. It's due for a major refresh to reflect new trends in library service, make better use of available space and update furnishings and fixtures. Jefferson County Public Library selected HDR, a global engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services firm, to assist with the redesign. Check back here for updates on this important project.
- Fact Sheet
- Create a Living Legacy - Belmar Naming Opportunities
- Design Presentation (September 8 Community Meeting)
- Community Input Report (April 2019)
- Design Previewopens a new window (April 25 Community Meeting)
- Frequently Asked Questions
Sign up to receive email updates about the Belmar Library redesign project.
Construction is in full swing! Here are photographs of the work that is being done. Check back regularly to see the transformation.
The crew is hard at work on the exterior.
They framed in the new Teen Area and began drywalling.
Our new entrance is taking shape!