(Lakewood, Colo. - January 3, 2013) Making New Year’s resolutions is a snap; keeping them is a different story. Whether you'd like to get fit, upgrade your career, engage politically, spend more quality time with your friends and families or take on a new hobby, Jefferson County Public Library has plenty of resources to help you achieve your 2013 goals. Here’s a sampling of the hundreds of thousands of resources available to you.
Get fit. The Library has plenty of books, fitness DVDs, cookbooks and other resources to help you lose weight, eat healthy foods and exercise more:
- The Smarter Science of Slim: What the Actual Experts Have Proven About Weight Loss, Health, and Fitness 
- 10 Minute Trainer  (DVD)
- 5 Easy Steps to Healthy Cooking: 500 Recipes for Lifelong Wellness 
Upgrade your career. Check out our books, DVDs and proprietary databases . You can even get live, online coaching through JobsNow!
- Expert Resumes for Career Changers 
- The Job-hunter's Survival Guide: How to Find Hope and Rewarding Work Even When "There Are No Jobs" 
Engage politically: The Library offers resources to help you learn about local, national and international affairs. And we offer programs that help you explore these topics with others.
- Great Discussions: Join others at the Columbine Library  from January through May and at the Evergreen Library  from March through May for in-depth discussions about important foreign policy topics, including Future of the Euro, Threat Assessment and Intervention, Egypt, NATO, Myanmar & Southeast Asia, Iran, China and more. Information: 303-235-5275.
- Citizen You : Doing Your Part to Change the World 
Spend more quality time with friends and family
- No Regrets Parenting: Turning Long Days and Short Years into Cherished Moments with Your Kids 
- Download free Culture Passes  and take your kids to visit Dinosaur Ridge, The Museum of Contemporary Art and more.
Take on a new hobby.
- Knitting Essentials  (DVD)
- Opera 101: A Complete Guide to Learning and Loving Opera and Opera 2011  (CD)
- Cooking with Chocolate: More than 70 Entrées, Drinks, and Decadent Desserts 
Resolve to improve your life in 2013, and begin by visiting your local library.
About Jefferson County Public Library
Jefferson County Public Library (JCPL) is the third largest public library in the state of Colorado. Our mission is to meet the changing needs of our communities by providing information and environments that promote personal growth and community transformation. A JCPL library card is the smartest card in your wallet, giving you access to an online library that operates 24 hours per day, seven days per week, a network of 10 libraries, a Bookmobile, a Traveling Children's Library and offsite computer and Internet classes provided throughout the County, as well as books, periodicals, CDs and DVDs, audio and eBooks, and computer and Internet resources. For more information contact your local library or visit jeffcolibrary.org .